As a Senior CX specialist at Kvik, I play a key role in designing, developing, and implementing the company’s website and other digital products. My primary focus is on creating a seamless user experience and ensuring that our digital products meet the company’s high standards.
A significant aspect of my role involves collaborating with both users, developers, external partners and internal stakeholders. I take great pride in actively listening to all input and contributing to a positive and productive team dynamic within the product team.
As a Senior CX specialist at Kvik, I have accomplished the following:
- Led the concept and user experience development for the launch of Kvik’s new website in 2022.
- Designed and implemented a new booking system, resulting in a 12% increase in conversion rates, utilizing the principles of Design Thinking.
- Facilitated a user-centric approach in the creation of MyKvik, our new loyalty platform.
- Assisted the e-Commerce team in building the initial version of Kvik’s e-commerce platform.
- Conducted ongoing usability testing and provided insights to the Product owners.
- Conducted experiments across all platforms to improve conversion rates, utilizing tools such as Hotjar, AB Tasty, Google Optimize, and more.
Brand and user experience-centric website design
I was the lead UX designer for the website project at Kvik, responsible for creating a concept, designing a seamless UX and leading the design team for 2 years.
At the outset of the project, we conducted extensive research to understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and pain points. Based on this research, we established key principles for the new website, including:
- Creating a visual aesthetic that aligns with our products and brand.
- Prioritizing a visually-driven user experience, with an emphasis on images and videos and less on text to make the website more engaging and inspiring.
- Tailoring all pages to meet the specific needs and intentions of our users at different stages of their journey.
- Adopting an outward-facing communication strategy, which required an internal process of sharing new ideas and principles to ensure that the website is in line with our company’s vision.
A new contextual booking flow with app-feel
Buying a new kitchen can be a complex and overwhelming process. That’s why it’s important for Kvik to meet with potential customers, explain our offerings, and provide clarity on the purchasing process. In 2022, we took a significant step forward by designing and launching a brand new booking flow for our website.
The project started with a five-day design thinking workshop and research involving thousands of users. This was followed by the creation of interactive prototypes, which underwent thorough testing to ensure a seamless user experience.
The design of the new booking flow was guided by several key principles:
- Simplified booking flow with stages. To avoid complexity of choise, we divided the booking flow into stages, allowing users to proceed one step at a time.
- Native app feel and mobile-first approach. Our priority was to enhance the user experience on mobile devices and create a seamless, app-like feel.
- Contextual CTAs, human-like booking flow. Our aim was to enhance the user experience by positioning CTAs and the booking flow in relevant contexts, using a brand-aligned human-like communication style.
- Data-driven prefilled and skipped steps. We utilized data to prefill information and skip unnecessary steps, making the booking process more efficient.